Having trouble inserting that video? No worries. It’s not so hard. Check out these tutorials, and then have a look at bottom for the examples. You can view the HTML of this post to see how it looks.
Quick and Easy: Insert Url Text
This first method is the easiest. Basically put the url on its own line. Important: make sure it’s not an active hyperlink.
- Scroll to where you want the video to go
- Hit enter – create a new line
- Paste the URL of the video
- add: http://youtube.com/?v=yourlink – to make video the width of the column
For more info, check out this article from WordPress: http://en.support.wordpress.com/videos/youtube/
Old Method: Insert Embed Code from Youtube
If for some reason the simple method isn’t working, you can use the old method of inserting the Youtube embed code:
- Click over to the video in Youtube
- Click the “embed” buttom
- Make sure “use old embed code” is checked
- Adjust width to 560
- Copy code
- Go to HTML View
- Scroll to where you want the video
- Go back to Visual View – you should see a yellow box
Vimeo – Simple Method
This method works exactly the same as Youtube.